작성일 : 19-04-03 14:50
변보경 - Toronto Guitar Weekend Concert (토론토 연주회 / 4월 26일) - 잘 마쳤어요
조회 : 133
■ International Performing Artist Series - Toronto Guitar Weekend
■ Competition winner Bokyung Byun showcase concert
- Friday April 26, 2019
- Bokyung will be accompanied by pianist Jean-Luc Therrien in the Villa-Lobos Concerto
● Bokyung Byun : 세계 기타계 셀럽들의 評
“Bokyung Byun played the Villa-Lobos concerto with confidence, passion, excellent projection and great dynamic contrast.”
- Heather Morand Clark, President of the Guitar Society of Toronto, January 4, 2019
"Bokyung Byun is one of the great guitarists of our time, whose musical, technical and creative brilliance is at once masterful, virtuosic, powerful, elegant, genuine and deeply compelling. I am proud to have been her teacher for five years at The Juilliard School, and wish her the greatest success and joy in sharing her extraordinary artistry throughout the world."
- Sharon Isbin, January 1, 2019
“I consider Bokyung Byun to be one of the most phenomenal guitarists of her generation. She has amazing technical abilities, a powerful and luscious sound, and a profound sense of musical interpretation. I’m a fan!”
- William Kanengiser, Los Angeles Guitar Quartet (LAGQ), December 29, 2018
"Bokyung's confident and quite extraordinary rendition of Britten's notoriously difficult Nocturnal after John Dowland...truly brought out the depth of its many tonal colors and shading."
- Blair Jackson, Classical Guitar Magazine, June 24, 2018
"Bokyung Byun's performance in the competition was stunning, showcasing her gorgeous tone, immaculate technique and sophisticated musicianship. She is a winner in every sense of the word!"
- JoAnn Falletta, Music Director of Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, June 15, 2018
"What a joy it was for all in attendance at the Knoxville Guitar Society concert...to hear Bokyung Byun play eloquently through a diverse and challenging program!"
- Michelle Fratus, President of the board of the Knoxville Guitar Society, October 18, 2018
“Byun performs with fleet-fingered, delicate precision, and expressiveness.”
- Julia Crowe, The Guitar, October 25, 2014